Monday, May 15, 2017

#WritersLife Survey 7 - How do writers make TIME?

I guess it was time I made a badge for my surveys, eh? This is my desk - it says, "Have fun, but get your work done!"

Well, over in my neck of the galaxy, we only have a couple weeks left of school. This past week, I really enjoyed my temporary classes, and I was able to do my own lesson for some new kids. It was a refreshing change of pace. I love seeing students light up with discovery and letting their own abilities shine through, connecting learning to life.

My regular kids come back Monday. Over this long journey, we've had some good days, some bad days, and some really bad days where I didn't know if I wanted to go back. But I always do. I won't let them get the better of me. Instead, I take these tough times and figure out how to make the next day better. I ask myself, What can I do to help a child who has a rough home life behave better? How can I inspire them to feel good about themselves? And I always PRAY! Sometimes it's not about the schoolwork. Kids won't listen or learn if they need attention or affection. They need to feel safe and important first. They need to know teachers care about them.

Moving on! Though it's been a worthwhile experience and given me many ideas, working so much has really taken a bite out of my writing time. Only two more weeks and I get to ramp it up in the summer! Woo hoo!

Which brings me to this month's survey. How do writers make TIME?



PS - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! My boys took me to see GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY for Mother's Day - I'm a happy Momma!

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that was a great gift!
You are one of those rare special teachers then.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

You are doing the best you can - those kids are lucky to have you. Hang in there!

Chemist Ken said...

Congrats on seeing Guardians. Hope you enjoyed it.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You're making a difference to those kids. They need some positive in their lives.

Anonymous said...

Survey done! Curious to see what others answer.

The Silver Fox said...

I really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. I assume you liked it as well?

Tyrean Martinson said...

Happy Mom's Day! I had my mom and mom-in-law over at our house and out for pizza, so I get to see Guardians Vol. 2 on Tuesday for a belated Mother's Day present. :)

M.J. Fifield said...

What a great outing for Mother's Day. Hope you enjoyed the movie!

And I also hope you had a great end to your school year.

Sarah Foster said...

Hope you enjoyed Mother's Day! I'm curious to see others' answers on the survey. I couldn't think of anything for that last question so I could use some tips!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

If they don't love you every day of the week, you are doing your job. I want my kids to walk away from a class smarter- that's goal 1.

cleemckenzie said...

Good teachers are such a blessing. Congratulations on being one of them. Love your surveys. I look forward to the results.

Kelly Steel said...

Awesome that you watched Guardian. I'm looking forward to reading the results of your survey!

Christine Rains said...

You are awesome! It's almost summer, hard to believe. Glad to hear you had a wonderful mother's day. I really want to see Guardians but my kid isn't quite old enough yet. We saw Boss Baby last Friday. It was all right, but we're excited for Captain Underpants next month!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Took your survey! It got me thinking. Yeah, time...wish we had more of it. Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you, too!

Loni Townsend said...

I got to go see Guardians of the Galaxy too!! Such a funny show. It's been so long since I've seen a movie in the theater. It was nice.

Crystal Collier said...

Now that's a Mother's Day gift!

You know, I pulled my kids out of public school because of what it was doing to their self esteems at such a young age...other than my daughter who just told me she didn't want to be there because of the things other kids were talking about. They made her uncomfortable. I should preface that by saying we home schooled before that, but they each get to try a year in public school so they can make the decision for themselves. I wish the classroom setting could be as personal and nurturing as the home environment, but there are so many kids with different needs...

Heather R. Holden said...

Love your attitude! Those kids are lucky to have you. Hope you have a fantastic summer!

H. R. Sinclair said...

Teachers make a huge difference in a kids world--I know mine did. I still talk about my "favorites", most of us do.

Yeah, for another survey!

Anonymous said...

Oh..it's an important thing. Thanks for sharing!
บาคาร่าออนไลน์
บาคาร่า
gclub จีคลับ

คนสวย2019 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts